Sunday, January 13, 2008

Marathon update...

When I joined the LL Lopers at mile 4 I was huffin' and puffin' up Mountain View Pkwy. Mountain View Pkwy is a gradual incline, not very steep, basically a "woosi" hill. When I mastered that we moved on to 6 miles and we hit Woodier. The thought went through my head, "please cut my legs off and give them to someone who knows how to use them." I wanted to cry, in fact, I probably did. Art, my coach, cheered me up that hill every week. At mile 15 I wanted to hurt myself on purpose so I couldn't run....dumb idea. I know!? Last week I completed 20 miles. This week I ran 13.2 in 'hilly highlands"....trust me, it was very hilly.

It's simple. I have a goal and I'm going to reach it. Yes, it will be painful and at times dangerous, but I will train to reach it.

Why don't we train to reach the goal of heaven? I was thinking this morning at 6am , "why I get up soOOO early to run? When I know I'm NOT a morning person." That sounds so dumb! It's because it feels good to know I'm getting one step closer to my marathon goal. I'm falling in love with running! I feel healthy, have lost 20 lbs, and have so much energy.

I used to get up at 5 am, once a week, to hear what God had to say to me when I lived in Saipan. I found a place I could be alone with HIM. God has given me peace, health, and a spiritual drive. Ultimately, I'm training to be a disciple of Christ. Aren't we all?

5 comments:

Eric AppleJar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brit's Blog said...

Thanks for the props Eric :)

You're not alone...I'm still trying to learn how to prioritize :)

Brit's Blog said...

Thanks for the props Eric :)

You're not alone...I'm still trying to learn how to prioritize :)

Anonymous said...

Good blog. I'm impressed. Glad you're falling in love with jogging and deepening your walk with God. You're an inspiration to me. Love ya.

Mai said...

Brit, you never cease to amaze me! I think it'd be amazing to reach the goal of finishing a marathon, but I think I'll just have to live vicariously through you, because.....I don't think I have the motivation that you do. I'm so proud of you!