Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer update

THE UPDATE-
OT school- I've found out that I passed my first year :) I'm on week 4 of the 6 weeks of summer vacation I've been granted :)

Week 1- The first week I headed out the "family ranch"...which is also known as "Lazy Valley Ranch." My sister and her two friends go out every summer to pick blueberries on my grandma's farm. On my visit to Grass Valley I picked blueberries, did a little cow chasing, and revisited my childhood memory of the Yuba River. It was a wonderful trip.


The next 2 weeks- I came back for two more weeks of Loma Linda boredom- My days consist of reading, more reading, volunteering, working out, swimming, catching up with friends, Ron, and well, more reading. It's okay though, because I know when school starts it's back to the grind. I'm enjoying the freedom. I've applied to teach an aerobics class at the gym in the evenings when I school starts. I figure I'm already there why not teach? Should be fun. I hope they hire me :)

Week 4- July 4th was spent with Ron and friends on Hermosa beach. We stayed late to watch the fire works, which were beautiful. It was mucho cold cold cold on the beach that night. On the way back we got a little lost which put a set back in our time. We didn't get home til' 1 AM... I was tired...went to bed right away. Sabbath morning Ron and I attended Crosswalk. The pastors have been doing a series on prayer. She talked about Daniel's prayer in Daniel 9. It was good. That evening Ron took me to meet some of his childhood friends. Very fun and sweet people. We also had great mediterrainian food in Corona. The next day the Pierson's came from Saipan :)!!! yay! I had a good time visit with them, Bev, and two of the missionaries that just came back from Saipan. We did a little jog down memory lane, ate some good chinese food, got a call from Sean :), and the download on everyone's lives. It was fun, relaxing, and a beautiful time spent. Thank you Ken and Crystal for inviting us out.

On my way home 7/11 for week 5 :)

3 comments:

Sean said...

Ah Brit! It was so nice to talk to you the other night. You sound really good. It sounds like you're making the most of your vacation! Keep enjoying it!

Miss you!

Mai said...

Sounds like you're having fun! I'll be down there in the beginning of August, so we'll definitely have to hang out! I can't wait to see you!

Bev said...

The blueberries look delicious! Glad we were able to spend some time together. Call me when you get back so we run together=)