Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Marathon results!!



The marathon is done!! WOOOHOO...
My goal was to finish the race in 5hrs or less.
I finished in 5:00:53 (it was something like 6400 out of 22, 000 people)
Perfect weather, sunny and clear. There was a little wind towards the end.
It was so much fun! I met lots of new people and discovered a lot about myself.
When you want something bad enough pain doesn't matter...when I was at mile 23, 24, 25 I was in so much pain. I can't even describe the blister on my right toe.
Anyways- here's some pics before and after the race. Enjoy guys!


Oh yea and I want to thank Dr. Ken for being the biggest inspiration to me :), Art for spending hours listening to me talk while running, Cathy for running with me all the way last minute, Troy for fixing my muscles when I was hurt, Ron for getting me home early on Saturday nights, Sandy for being a pace leader, and lastly, my parents- they never stopped encouraging me. They were the first I'd call whenever I'd finish a long run on Sunday mornings.

There ya have it ;)

We won!!!!

That's the way we felt after the race. (blah!)
I'm your woman ;)

6 comments:

Mai said...

You're awesome, Brit! I can't imagine running that far - But you did it! I'm so proud of you!

Bev said...

Congrats Brit! Glad you got to meet my friend Cathy=)

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

Awesome job Brit! You little marathoner you! CONGRATULATIONS! You go girl! good job. We're proud of you. Happy Sabbath.
xo

Sean said...

Dang girl. . .you are just TOO COOL!!!!

I'm so proud of you! Congratulations!

It makes me want to get up and run right now!

Vero in Saipan said...

CONGRATS!!! u ROCK! xoxo

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

I knew you could do it and would!! Good job Brit...you did it...and your life will never be the same! I'm proud of you. Ken