Monday, May 12, 2008

mondays

This is Monday
Can you tell?
It's gloomy outside
It's gloomy in here

It's definitely Monday.


That's my thought for today-

I've accomplished nothing today. I studied at Rons last night and fell asleep on his couch while he watched his cartoons. He woke me up and sent me home to sleep. What a good man :)
I went home, slept, and didn't wake up until 10. Then I got up watched a movie as I ate my home-made granola my mom sends me. I feel weak today- I think it's because I gave blood for the first time on saturday. Travis says I need iron...red meat...I hate eating moo moo.
Anyways- I figure I better get out of my room, so I got my toes painted next to Fox coffee and am sitting here now passing time.
I have a group meeting at four. We are finishing a project to present at our cognitive fair. It's actually really interesting. We've done some research on the topics of abstraction and mental flexibility. We found ways to help individuals that struggle in these areas be successful. An example would be a child who cannot switch from topic to topic in a conversation does not have very good mental flexibility. I believe the child may just need some practice, so I'll give him some practice games such as, Bop it or Slap Jack. These games will help the child practice mentally switching from one task to another slowly then quickly as he/she progresses.
okay, so maybe ya'll didn't want to know all that, but I was bored. Thanks for reading.

Have an amazing day. I'll go get some iron.

Peace out-

3 comments:

Sean said...

The good news is that by the time you read this, it won't be Monday anymore! :)

Mai said...

Hey Brit - hang in there.....this, too, shall pass!

About the iron, yeah, you probably need more iron since you've been running so much, and yes, the richest source of iron is red meat, but you can also get that iron from things like nuts, seeds, dried fruit and dark leafy vegetables! Long live the moo moos!

And thank goodness it's almost the weekend, eh?

Riki said...

hey Britni, it's Riki, the one who's copying you and going straight to LLU after Saipan to pursue the noble profession of occupational therapy! How did you ever leave this place? I'm leaving in a little over a week, I can't believe it! Sad... I enjoyed reading your blog-the running part was very inspiring. Anyway good luck with school. You actually get a summer break this year right? Well, I hope I can meet you in the fall, we can reminisce about Saipan :)