Sunday, September 7, 2008

Life's always greener on the otherside

I'm such a "life complainer." I mean, like "the grass is always greener on the other side. All the time." I wish I was a better student, Christian, girlfriend, daughter, prettier, athletic, just EVERYTHING..and then I look at other girls and they've "got it all." Ya know!? Maybe if I had "their" life I wouldn't have to live mine.
If I put it all into a realistic perspective my life isn't so bad. It's actually pretty good...so here's what I do when these negative thoughts creep into my mind. I turn to the book that makes me feel so incredibly confident and beautiful, the Bible.

God gave me a promise in Psalm this morning, "If you'll hold on to me for dear life, I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times, I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation."

What a beautiful promise right? It's times when I feel like my life is so complicated and too much that I can't handle, the Bible throws a verse in my face and says, "YES, you're life is a complicated mess. You don't know how to control your emotions and you complain about e-v-e-r-ything, but let ME take them. I'm the only one that can make you happy and fill the gaps in your life."

Then there was another verse that was thrown at me. It was highlighted in my Bible and perhaps that's why I saw it. Who knows...maybe it was God trying to say something...but here it is...

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

Awesome!

So first He promises to rescue me, protect me, and give me eternal life. THEN He commands me to give Him my worries. Lastly, He ends promising me internal peace.

Our God is amazing. I tend to forget often how great it feels to give Him all worries.

I hope this helped someone who has thoughts similar to mine...I can't be the only one. Right?! I guess try to let God displace those thoughts through His word.

Have a great day ya'll

1 comment:

Mai said...

Thanks for such an encouraging and inspiring post! I'll try to call you soon so I can share some of the amazing things that I've been learning lately!