Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Desert, Desert Everywhere!

I woke up early this morning to load the car and head out to Loma Linda University in Southern California. Those of you that thought Texas was a desert...well, your right. I have to admit West Texas is a LARGE/dry/barren desert. I thought that New Mexico and Arizona would get a little more interesting ...well, not really. Still a dry/barren/desert.

There are a couple cool things on my adventure to LLU that I'll tell you about...
1. Believe it or not I've never been to Mexico and I've lived in Texas my entire life. Yesterday was the closest I've ever been to Mexico; Mexico's border. I could look to my right and see the great state of Texas and then to my left, Mexico.

2. The big cacti in Arizona. They looked like their flipping the bird (sorry, but it was what I saw in an "art" form; honest). They are everywhere! They were actually kind of pretty with the mountains behind them. No roadrunners though :(

3. As we drove out of Palm Springs I saw these huge windmills, MILLIONS of them. Rows of them on every mountain top. Dad said they provided power to Palm Springs. I don't really care what they were for, but they were beautiful. (I'll post pictures of that later)

Finally, after 23 LONG hours, I arrived at Loma Linda. I found my way around very quickly. Quicker then I'd ever imagined. Yes, LL is busy, people drive HORRIBLE, but one good thing is, they all have been very helpful and friendly so far. I feel like maybe I can make this my "home." (And I made two friends from Texas)
I'll post some pics later
Thats it for now. Peace out :>

3 comments:

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

yeah! You made it to LL! We're cheering for you! You'll do great! Smile.
xo

Anonymous said...

I saw Mai yesterday. We had lots of fun. I really miss my girls. Good luck in Cali.

Sean said...

Great blog Brit. I'm amazed you have time to post with all you have to do!