Friday, June 22, 2007

the first week- FINALLY OVER!


Hey everyone,
Here's the scoop....
I just completed my first week of gross anatomy. I've never study so much, learned so much, and been so stressed out in one week. I just finished my first written and practical test today. (eeeekk!)

This class is very intense. We cover avg. 20 pages of the syllabus a day and then have a "hands-on" lab. In lab we disect cadavers and then every friday are tested over everything we learned. In the test we have 60 seconds to answer a question like, "what is the insertion and orgin of this muscle?" (the muscle is tagged)...
It was very stressful. 70 questions total/35 cadavers.
Other then that I am doing okay
Here's some pics....Enjoy and have a fantastic weekend!
My view- Loma Linda
Me in front of my dorm :) where there are so many hummingbirds.
My roomie- Ruth Duran :) (she's super fun and super smart!)

The hospital and medical/dental school. Most of my classes not here...haha

4 comments:

Sean said...

wow, it's so strange to see you in scrubs. It's the new Britni! Congrats on surving your first week. I know you'll do great!

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

Yea, those gross anatomy classes are pretty intense! You'll do great! We're praying for you! You look good in scrubs...and you wouldn't want to wear anything else besides scrubs and risk getting "cadavier juice" on them! eek! ha, ha. See you soon.
Ken and Crystal =D
ps...I took that pic of Cyrus and posted it just for you! xo He misses you. And I didn't do an extraction on him, I did it on his uncle.

Anonymous said...

I miss you. Hearing about your first week of school made me awful glad that I've already graduated. ha ha ha. You'll do great. I'm rooting for ya! Love ya.

Bev said...

Awww, home sweet home! thanks for posting pics of LOma Linda=) I see that you are studying hard . . . but have lots of fun too!! miss ya.