Sunday, June 17, 2007

My new friend, The Drayson Center

Happy fathers day!



My dad actually left on a plane back to Texas on Saturday. I had a good time while he was here. He spent lots of money taking Ben and I out to eat :) He made sure I had everything I needed. He even gave me a car! Fathers are an amazing gift from God. Don't forget to thank God for your fathers=)



Today is one of those lazy days. In Saipan, days like this would be spent at Java Joes. My "spot" was the little booth in the corner of the coffee shop. Me, my coffee, and internet. I was content. I'm not in Saipan anymore. *sigh-

I stared at the ceiling from my bed and wished I could sleep all day. I got up. Finished some online class work and then headed to the Drayson Center. I thought I'd check it out. Maybe run a couple miles...relieve the stress. Ya know? The Drayson is decieving- it looks small, but it really isn't.

For those of you that think you went to a school with a great gym, I'm here to tell you that your gym doesn't compare to mine. =) Mine is THE GREATEST GYM.

Today was Britni's first official tour of THE Drayson Center. The Drayson Center consist of several offices, classrooms, a student lounge, 5 racketball courts, a weight room, an aerobic room, several aerobic classrooms, guys/girls locker rooms, 2 pools, a sauna, jacuzzi, 4 tennis courts, huge open fields for soccer/football/baseball, 2 beach volleyball courts, indoor track, 4 indoor basketball courts, and my personal favorite a sports massage room. I love the Drayson Center!





It gave me so much energy that I had no problem running 3 miles. AHH....working out isn't a task anymore.

Tip of the day---
If your ever going to move to Southern California you're going to have to drink 3 times as much water in a normal day. If you workout drink 5 times as much. It's the hottest place in the United States.

4 comments:

Mai said...

Dude, Brit! That's awesome.....I wish my school had a gym like that! Maybe when Barbara builds the new school!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad at least one of us came back to warm weather. I have decided that cold weathe is a product of sin. Eden never got cold; that's why they didn't have to wear clothes.

There's a deep spiritual insight for you to chew on. I'm home in TN. It's good to be in the south again. I'm already starting to talk with more of a twang. Weell, I'll be seein' ya later, honey.

Sean said...

That gym sounds amazing! I'm so jealous!

Bev said...

don't forget to join vball intramurals in the evenings and they have dodgeball intramurals!=)