Friday, July 6, 2007

My fourth consisted of study--

I've realized that in graduate school you really have no life. Good thing our teachers end school at noon on Fridays to observe sabbath hours. Our tests are completed on Fridays, so that gives us a free weekend. We can do whatever we want....even if that means sleep ALL day! (which I have done)


Last weekend was my first official sabbath. I found a church that I really like. Surprisingly, I acutally knew the pastor. I love the music and sermons and people. Everyone was/is so friendly. I ended up sitting next to two of my TAs (teachers assistants) in church. Cassi (my PT friend) went with me. She's one of the funniest gals I know. There's never a dull moment when she's
around. We all went to eat at CPK afterwards. It was good to make new friends. That's one of the worst things about moving to new places. You have to start over and make friends (so far, so good though)
note- thanks to those who encourage me and spend hours on the phone with me;)
Mai Rhea, my friend from Saipan is coming next weekend. I plan to have Boba tea with her. My parents are also coming to visit. I can't wait to see them either. I've talked to them almost everyday on the phone so far. They keep telling me "you can do it...just keep studying one day at a time"...haha...I think the encouragement and suppose really work.
Here are some pictures of me and my new friends.

Me, Ruth (my roomie, also OT), and CJ (a friend in the PTA program) My friend Cassi has a pool in her kitchen....HA!
My beautiful friends- Ruth and Cassi

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Bev said...

Still representing the peace sign in pics I see! Love it. Miss you. Enjoy lots of Starbucks for me xoxo

Mai said...

It looks like you're having lots of fun, Brit! I knew it wouldn't take you long to find your place. I can't wait to see you!

Sean said...

Awww, Brit. You look like you're doing great. In fact, I know you are! I was wondering when you were going to post again (been checking regularly) but I can see how busy you've been.

Keep on kicking butt! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

hey, who's that hot girl in the middle?