Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer vacation

My parents and little sister spent their "summer vacation" in Southern CA this year because my bother and I are here. I am in school and he's starts in a week or so. We both can't leave to meet the rest of the family, so they come to us. I think it's pretty nice because they stayed in Palm Springs and theirs nothing their unless you golf. They don't golf- lol...

Both this weekend and last I stayed with my parents in their condo in Palm Springs. Both weekends we had a blast hiking, eating out, watching movies, swimming, and basically doing nothing. It was great...we had no plan or event we had to be at. We did what we wanted when we wanted to. In fact, I've done the best I've ever done on the tests I had in Anatomy. I love hanging out with my family. It's relaxing to not have to think about school and to be in someones company who loves you.
My mom said something this weekend that I thought I'd share with you. She said, "It's better to go through life in pairs/groups then by yourself." There are hard things in life like, school, jobs, people, church, etc....whatever it may be know that it's better to have someone with you. In my life I instantly thought of school. If I was trying to do it by myself I would suck; God is there, my family, several friends that never fail to encourage me, my church family, Grants weekend phone calls, grammys e-mails...the list goes on..
Just make sure you're not by yourself whatevers going on in your life. :) It makes it a lot easier to live.

Here are some pics of the "vacation"
This is the view outside of their condo



This was the SDA summer camp, Cedar Falls, we found on our way up to Big Bear. They let us hike around and we found some really beautiful water falls.

That's the gang- dad, Ben, and mom.


My mom and pops :) (sorry it's a little blurry)

Me and the waterfall. I had to hike up to it and then climb that fallen tree. It was cool =)

My crazy sister being silly=)

4 comments:

Bev said...

I think you'll love the hiking trails in that area especially forest falls, san bernardino flats, joshua tree . . . I can't wait for you to go snowboarding this upcoming season. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Awww your family!! I know you are glad they came to see ya! You sis is so grown up. I remember her in like third grade. TIME goes by so fast. Love Ya, Hope all is going well!

Anonymous said...

Very true. Sharing and living with someone makes the experience deeper and better. God's gonna give you many great friends to share Cali with. He's given me someone special--my new blue eyed girl. But even she can't beat my weekend phone calls with you. Take care, Sis.

Sean said...

Those special times with the family are the best! Your mom's coment and your entry reminded me of the text in Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, "Two are better than one. . .a cord of three strands is not easily broken."