Sunday, July 29, 2007

United by Tragedy

In 1998 Swissair Flight 111 crashed into the North Atlantic Ocean just off the coast of Nova Scotia. Two hundred twenty-nine people died, one whole family of 5, another family of 6, a baby, a teenage boy headed on an adventure, and many others.

This weekend I met the man who's teenage boy died in this tragic accident. He told me his story and then gave me his book signed. Dr. David Wilkins is an Opthamologist in Loma Linda CA. His book tells the tragedy so well and also makes a dynamic point. He tells of how his family found a "relunctant-fraturnity' of people who didn't know them but knew their pain and reached out to share in their suffering...God does not leave us alone."


I'd recommend reading this book. It will inspire you as it did me :)

"In the aftermath of the crash of Swissair Flight 111, one-time stragers found themselves...
United By Tragedy" by David Wilkins with Cecil Murphey.


R.I.P. Monte Wilkins


No comments: