Monday, December 17, 2007

Gut Feelings (gotta love em')

Last Friday night I laid down around midnight, shut my eyes, and tried to go to sleep. At 12:30 I heard a deadly scream ....I opened my eyes and knew instantly something was wrong. Do you ever have those strong gut feelings? I did and jumped out of bed. I opened the door and there was a girl passed out, having a seizure. Her friend gathered around to get her away from the wall. Of course there wasn't enough room for me so I timed the seizure. It lasted a whole 61 seconds. CRAZY! I called the paramedics and they came and took her to the hospital. The moments were so intense. I'm glad that God gives strong gut feelings. Maybe they needed someone to call the ambulance. The paramedics did ask me how long it lasted. I'm glad I woke up and timed it.
Grant used to tell me that he'd trust me while in Saipan when I'd have those gut feelings. I mean, sometimes they'd be good and sometimes really bad. The bad ones I'd have to watch out for. If I didn't listen to those then I'd end up in a nasty creek without a paddle.
All quarter I've been having crazy gut feelings. Feelings about school, guys, driving, the "seizure incident." For instance there was this crazy guy, didn't look crazy, came into the coffee shop and he kept talking to me. Nothing wrong with that, right? I started getting those bad gut feelings and I asked him to leave me alone, but no way. He kept being really annoying...my gut kept telling me, "Britni, he's hitting on you. Get away from him." I so rudely walked off and told the cashier that he was bothering me. She asked him to leave and he made a big scene. Later, the cashier, who is now my friend, said he'd been in there all week bothering girls.
Gut feelings....are they feelings that God gives you?
Is it like a subconsious speaking to you?
Is it like periferal vision? It's not directly seen, but you can definately see it coming.
All I know is whatevers been happening this year God is protecting me. Me and my gut know each other so well. It's actually a very cool feeling.
I think God gives me ill or good feelings in my gut that tell my brain what to do.

3 comments:

Eric AppleJar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean said...

I liked your entry. Reminded me of the book Blink.

Anonymous said...

Always go with your gut. I think you gave me that advice on the phone not too long ago. It's good. Too many times I can think my way through anything--not a good thing. Listening to your gut can save you lots of trouble. Nice blog.