Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My God Amazes Me

These are the crazy kids (+and- a few) that stole my heart. During the holiday season I can't help but think of them. This time last year Barbara (SDA principal) handed me a CD with some music on it. I only had to teach these 5 years two songs, but who knew they had 5,000,000 words in them. I did everything in my power to help them learn. I prayed, sat them in a circle in their chairs, had hand motions, and lots of prizes. It came out great. Yes, some of the kids got scared during the performance and literally ran away, but heck--there were some that stayed up there the entire time and sang every word of those two songs. GO QUINCY and JONAH!

These are the children that stole my heart. These are the children that made me see Jesus for who He really is. These children are a piece of heaven, priceless as gold and as beautiful as the rose that sits outside my window. He made each of them very special and most importantly, He made that visable to me. I finally got it when I left. I learned how to accept on every level and even through imperfect children, I fell into deep love.



Just like the sun rises faithfully every morning over Bonzai my God stays faithful to me. He knew and still knows that I miss them every day. He knows that the experiences I had in Saipan that year I wouldn't have words to describe. God is faithful to stand by my side everyday, He puts a song in my heart and a smile on my face. God is good! He promises He will be the same yesterday, today, and forever. No need to worry about the days...He's in control if we let Him be.

So yea, the holiday season is hard when I think of what I was doing last year and how in love I was (and didn't know it), but God's shown a love that I didn't know existed. When He does that for you just take His gift and RUN! He just showed you a piece of Him!!! WOOHOO!

4 comments:

Mai said...

Brit! We miss you! Yesterday Alvin didn't want me to leave....he kept saying, "I don't want you to go, and I wish Ms. Britni could be here with us!" Brit, those kids fell in love with you just as much as you fell in love with them, and they still love you and miss you! Keep praying for them and loving them!

Brit's Blog said...

Thanks Mai...I got your message tonight. Hope all is well. I love you!

Sean said...

What a beautiful testimony, Brit!

Unknown said...

The school's program was last night. You'd be amazed at how much your kids have grown up in the little time in between. I hope someone sends you picture 'cause they were so cute! Kudos to the staff.