Sunday, August 12, 2007

My new protector

I've learned that every place I live has their creepy little animals. In Saipan is
was the horrid shrew would run across my classroom and disrupt whatever attention I had from the class.
Then for ten years I lived in Houston, Texas. Their creepy animal was the slug. Everywhere you went...slugs everywhere!! I'd forget to put on shoes and have a nice surprise when I'd step outside. My mother started sprinkling salt crystals everywhere after it happened to her. :) haha

For another 10 years I lived in Dallas, Texas. Their animal is none other then the possum. I remember one time a possum got in our front yard. Our dog attacked and killed it. My dad had to shovel it to the back yard. As it was "dead" in the shovel, all of sudden woke up and moaned. Little did we know, possums play dead. My dad had to beat the little varmit to it's death with the shovel.


East Texas has nasty little armadillos everywhere! One time I was in the woods on my grandparents property and I found a "herd of em!" There was a pack of 5 family armidillos. Babies, moms, dads, cousins, uncles, etc...you name it and it was there!

North Texas has lots of coons! Now, the coon might be dangerous, but he's OOH so cute! I don't really have a problem with the coon :)



Don't get me wrong. These animals are seen almost anywhere in America, but I'm simply telling you where I've seen them.


So you're probably wondering where this is going. There is a point...

I've made a new Loma Linda friend. I call him Pepe Le Peu .... He's been following me many nights now. I walk from the library to the dorm and there he is. Every night watching out for me. He's beautiful and dangerous. I can't get to close...he might spray me with that horrendous rank smell. I'd like to think he's watching out for me ready to spray any one that tries to attack.

What animal stocks your home?

7 comments:

Bev said...

hahha Loma Linda has plenty skunks, neh! Hmm, antz have hijacked my terrace. grrrr.

Mai said...

Jesco, snails, rats, shrews, ants.....you name it, it's there. But then again, you already know that!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Why wasn't I listed as a "creepy animal" on the Saipan list? Grrrrr... See? I'm growling creepily.

Hey, just remember that those slugs are related to those nudibranchs that Bev loves so much. Creepy nudibranchs!

Sean said...

Cockroaches.

We really need to spray the house.

Anonymous said...

kids. bugs that fly in your mouth when you ride your bike. boa constrictors...the claw...

Brit's Blog said...

JOHN--I'm so sorry I lost your e-mail....e-mail me something so I can e-mail you please :)

Miss you!!