Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Saipan

Have you ever missed being somewhere so much that you wished you could freeze time and visit that place and come back, unfreeze, and not miss a thing?
I've felt like that for the past week.
Things have been happening that keep reminding me of Saipan. I know that there are only few people that understand how heart breaking it is to leave Saipan after you've made friends and an island family.
I miss surprising Uncle Dennis and Aunt Judy with cookies, Uncle Mark and Aunt Tammy's dives, Tacos with the gang, Sunday morning runs w/ the Piersons, watching deep blue with Greg, teasing John, singing with Grant, Pastor Eliki's crazy smile when he get's excited, oh yea and who can forget the Schmidt's and their beautiful home, visiting Kinder parents, eating great foods, endless nights of The OC with the girls, vespers at the Maycocks, Aunt Judy's attempted excuse to get me out of prior comittments :), singing so loud and dancing so hard with kindergarten, Alvins hugs, Quincy's smile, Cryus' knowledge, Goodman's behavior (yes, believe it or not, i miss it), Jonah's beautiful eyes and how he'd get bashful when I'd tell him that, I miss the church and helping teach, forgetting to bring food for potluck (oops), laughing so hard with Barbara when the "ice cakey man" tried to argue in fron of the church (haha), and of course, the GORGEOUS sunrises Saturday mornings on Bonzai....
Oh dear, the list could go on for days-(I won't put you through that)
I miss you guys! You will always be held close to my heart. Thank you for the good times :)
These are some of my favorite little people on Saipan.
okay- this is your time to leave encouraging words...
just playing-
Aren't my kiddos cute??

8 comments:

Mai said...

Brit! I miss you too! It was great reading and remembering all the good times! I wish you were here to do it all over again!

Sean said...

Brit you're making ME miss Saipan! And I'm here!

Really, you're making me miss you. It's just not the same without you here. I know you miss Saipan but Saipan misses you too.

Anonymous said...

me too. i saw a pic of Michi and Kei and felt that lump.

Vero in Saipan said...

hey girl,
Saipan is wonderful and i know i will eventually get to that day when i will miss it just as much as you. But you did an amazing job...everyone is always talking about you so you definately left good impressions in people. thank u cuz u helped me so much. love u!!!

Bev said...

Saipan ain't the same without you! We miss you too=)

Dennis said...

Hey Brit~

Saipan will always be here for you as well as lots of rewarding work as an OT. I'll find an excuse for you anyday..wink, wink!

Much love & Miss you bunches,

Aunt Judy

Unknown said...

Naw! I don't miss you! I know someone who does though.

Jai said...

Hey,
I'm a preschool teacher at Saipan SDA this year.
I tutored Richard Lee for the first half of the year, and he would go on and on about you. He has since moved back to Korea, and I miss him everyday.