Sunday, September 30, 2007

Friendship

Friends.
This week at the church I go to they talked about friendship. How is friendship different then marriage?
Everyone knows I'm not married and no where near making that comittment, but I love friends. I love having them and being there for them. They are healthy and keep me sane in my crazy life.

Two of my best friends from college are Christine Ragnauth and Marco Pinder.
I was privilaged to see them both over my school "break." I hadn't talked to them in some time, but with friends I can pick up right where I left off. That's what I love about these people.

Marco is one of the coolest and closest friend I have. I remember the day we met in SWAU band class. He was really good on his saxaphone. I forgot what I told him, but I'm sure it was something embarrassing. After that we became closer and closer. I've seen Marco struggle, I've seen him mad, happy, I've seen him date different girls...I give my opinions about those to :)
I can't imagine my life without his friendship.
He's a good listener, he tells me when I'm wrong, and best of all he's generous. I don't mean he gives me lots of gift and "stuff," but what I mean is whatever he's doing whether listening, giving me a hug, or whatever he does it generously. I really love this guy. That's what makes our friendship. (oh yea, and he's going to med school :)...he's very smart)

Ti (another great friend), Me, and Marco.
Now with Christine she loves to talk and listen, she's encouraging, and she'll try anything. I love this about her. That's what makes our friendship grow....She calls to encourage, I call to listen, and well, when I want an adventure, she's in!
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of her on my computer. Sorry guys! She's beautiful and is Indian. Use your imagination :)

Friendship.
So back to the question...
I'm not sure how their different (other than intimacy and stuff..), but I hope I marry a friend. Right!?

"Friends are like pillars on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up and sometimes they lean on you."

3 comments:

Mai said...

Awwwww....great pic of Marco!! It's nice to "see" you both!

Sean said...

The difference between friendship and marriage (besides "intimacy and stuff") is that you live with your spouse. . .forever. Which is pretty darn cool. And yes, you should always marry a friend.

Brit's Blog said...

Thanks Sean. I need answers! lol..

I kinda feel married to my roomate right now....ahhh...